MISSION STATEMENT AND CORE VALUES
Texas College is a historical black college founded in 1894, by a group of CME ministers. Our mission, which continues to embody the principles of Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, is to ensure that the student body experiences balanced, intellectual, psychological, social and spiritual development, aimed at enabling them to become active productive members of society where they live and work. (Recast and approved by the Board of Trustees at the Annual Meeting, April 15, 2011).
To address the mission, the College incorporates the core values of:
· Academic Excellence - developing a culture of curiosity and creativity that will challenge the frontiers of teaching/learning; stimulate research; raise the level of analytical reasoning and inquiry; and enable students to acquire leadership, human relations, communication, and technology skills.
· Integrity - instilling the pursuit of character, honesty, and sincerity of purpose as the moral rubrics upon which the behaviors of our graduates and College family are anchored.
· Perseverance - implanting diligence, enterprise, and pride in the application of skills, knowledge, and abilities developed during the course of study at Texas College.
· Social Responsibility - promoting in the College community a conscious awareness that we are all stewards of the resources entrusted to our care.
· Tolerance - emphasizing openness to divergent points of view, applying an eclectic approach to rational and analytical thinking.
· Community Service - encouraging self-extension in service to others as the heart and soul of our educational enterprise.